Return With Resilience, is a women returners programme, tailor made for women aged 40 + who have had a career break of at least six months. It is fully funded by The Scottish Government and so free to participate.
We know that at this stage of life, returners might also be experiencing the menopause – a natural, but for some, extremely challenging part of the aging process.
Recent research shone a light on the effect the menopause can have on women in the workplace, with a new study finding that one in 10 women who have worked during the menopause, left their job due to their symptoms.
So for women looking to re-establish their careers, the mental and physical symptoms of the menopause, can make this feel like an even more unrealistic objective.
‘Return With Resilience’ provides a range of practical support and is also a vehicle for women at the same stage of life, to share experiences and support each other.
The programme will begin in September, places are limited and applications are open now. Just fill in the application form below and email it back to us.
Programme participants will receive:
- A friendly onboarding experience with our team of experts
- Virtual sessions, meaning all you need is access to a laptop and good connectivity
- Five hours’ worth of one-to-one mental fitness coaching to assist in restoring lost confidence, and building optimism and resilience
- Group workshops on CV writing, interview skills and job search strategies
- Participation in a Menopause Expert led workshop, and access to fabulous resources
- Personal support with job applications and introductions to great employers
- Ongoing support and guidance as part of our professional network
Return with Resilience is funded by the Scottish Government and administered by Skills Development Scotland.
Feedback from last year’s participants included
“Everything was clearly explained hence a great demystifying experience. The support and shared knowledge was fantastic. “
“I felt like there was room for me as a whole person and that I got such useful advice and genuine support. Everything felt like it was coming from such a genuine and useful place, I felt trust and that I could explore what it’s possible for me to do next. “
To apply please download and complete the application form emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org on completion.
Alternatively if you have any questions before completing your application please fill in the form below and one of the team will be pleased to get back to you.